The DirectIN High Speed Button-Box v2012 offers
researchers a sleek, exceptionally durable and user-friendly method
of collecting response data with virtually any software application. The
time it takes for a button press to reach your computer is less than 1
millisecond. Whether you are using a Mac or a PC, simply unpack it, plug
it in, and you are ready to go. It works with virtually all software
because the computer will simply think someone is pressing
the keys 1 through 9 on a regular USB keyboard. You can also
have professional-looking response labels in no
time. Printed labels of any kind can be slipped easily under
the clear protective button covers.
The DirectIN buttons are beautifully engineered and designed with
top of the line input switches. When you press one of these buttons
you get a nice tactile feedback and a soft click to know that you
have pressed it. The soft click engineering is a great advantage when
you have many participants pressing a lot of buttons in the same
room. The DirectIN box itself is made from durable cold-rolled steel
and finished with a tough white powdercoat--this basically means that it
is going to last and look good for a long time.
- Responses are delivered to the computer in less
than one millisecond.
- Boxes should operate properly on all
computers when connected via USB1 or USB2 on Microsoft
Windows (all versions) or Mac Operating System (v10.4 or
- Boxes should work properly with virtually all
software as they will appear to the computer as regular keyboards.
- Button caps have a clear outer shell which can be easily removed in
order to place printed response labels underneath.
- Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for standard
configurations, especially for large orders.
- Boxes typically ship via UPS ground. An estimated shipping cost
will be added to the invoice.
- Academic and non-profit institutions are typically tax-exempt.
- Payment for hardware needs to be received before we can
assemble and ship the units.
- Custom button layouts using from 1-12 buttons are available for
button boxes at an additional cost of $100 per unit.
- Custom colours are available for button boxes at an
additional cost of $50 per unit.
- DirectIN PCB v2012 Button Boxes come with a full one year parts and
See our store page for